As a homeowner or business owner in Texas, you understand the importance of keeping your HVAC system running smoothly. Not only does it provide comfort during extreme weather, but it can also have a significant impact on your energy bills. In fact, heating and cooling account for about half of the energy usage in a typical household. To help you save money and energy, we’ve put together ten energy saving tips to keep your air conditioner and heater running efficiently.
1. Change Your Air Filter Regularly: A dirty air filter can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary. Make sure to change your filter every one to three months to keep your system running efficiently.
2. Install a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day, ensuring that you’re not heating or cooling an empty house. This can save you up to 10% on your energy bills.
3. Keep Your Thermostat at a Reasonable Temperature: During the summer, set your thermostat to 78°F or higher when you’re home and 85°F when you’re away. During the winter, set it to 68°F or lower when you’re home and 55°F when you’re away.
4. Use Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans can help circulate cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter, allowing you to rely less on your air conditioner and heater.
5. Seal Air Leaks: Air leaks can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary. Seal any gaps or cracks in your windows, doors, and walls to keep cool air in during the summer and warm air in during the winter.
6. Schedule Regular Maintenance: Regular maintenance can help your air conditioner and heater run efficiently and identify any potential problems before they become major issues.
7. Use Curtains or Blinds: Close your curtains or blinds during the day to keep out the heat during the summer and open them during the day to let in natural light during the winter.
8. Keep Your Outdoor Unit Clean: Clear any debris or plants around your outdoor unit to ensure that it has enough airflow to operate efficiently.
9. Use Exhaust Fans: Use exhaust fans in your bathroom and kitchen to remove excess heat and moisture from your home, which can make your HVAC system work harder.
10. Upgrade Your System: If your HVAC system is more than 10 years old, consider upgrading to a high-efficiency system. This can save you up to 20% on your energy bills and provide better comfort.
By following these energy-saving tips, you can keep your air conditioner and heater running efficiently and save money on your energy bills. If you need any help with maintenance or upgrades, don’t hesitate to contact Prestige Air at 817-200-7215. Our expert technicians are ready to assist you.
To learn more about how you can tune up you system, click here.
To get a better understanding of system efficiency, click here.
Prestige Air proudly serves Northeast Tarrant County and the Fort Worth, Texas area including Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake, Westlake, Trophy Club, Keller, Watauga, Haltom City, and North Richland Hills. We look forward to serving you and your household!